1.16.2011

Bacon Wrapped Chicken & Dijon Green Beans

See, I told you I would give you a normal update soon. Tonight's menu: bacon wrapped chicken, dijon green beans and mashed potatoes. 

I know you are jealous of my iphone camera skills. 


Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
I think I got this recipe from Campbells.....
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
bacon (turkey bacon works fine too)
s & p

I use low fat or no fat everything. First, wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken breast. I had very large pieces to work with. Usually I will cut the chicken in half and wrap bacon around each half. I should have done that tonight, but I was pressed for time. 
Next, mix the soups and sour cream. Add s & p to your liking. 
In a greased baking pan, place the wrapped chicken and cover with the soup mixture.
Heat your oven to 275 degrees and cook for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. The soup mixture makes a good amount of "gravy" which you can pour over your chicken, throw away, or put on veggies. I like this dish with green veggies as a side and use the excess gravy as a yummy sauce. 

Dijon Green Beans:
Fresh green beans
butter
1 small T lemon juice
1 big T Dijon mustard

Boil beans for 5 mins and place beans in a bowl of ice water for 2 minutes. On medium heat, coat the pan with butter and garlic, if you prefer. Place green beans in the pan and pour the lemon juice and Dijon mustard over the beans. Mix the beans around the pan for an even coat and cook for 5 minutes. This is a great way to change things up with green beans. Plus, Dijon mustard is not terrible for you! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!