3.14.2017

Mooooo - My Most Embarrassing Moment

Being embarrassed at a young age can be traumatizing. Heck, even as adults some things are hard to overcome let alone maintain a calm composure for.

If you are like me, then you don't need to speak for others to know you're mortified as your face does that for you. I blush at almost anything and turn fifty shades of red over the tiniest of things. Over the years, I've learned to control it better...Or maybe I just adapted the "I don't care" mentality. Probably the latter.

I don't have too many incidents that stick out as my most embarrassing moment, but there are two times in my childhood that I can recall where I felt humiliated. The first was at my kindergarten graduation (yes, my school had a whole ceremony for it). I had a piano solo in the program and either on my way to the piano or after I was done (again, I think the latter) I knocked the mic down and it loudly crashed as it hit the gym floor. As a six year old, I wanted to disappear from the room.

The second embarrassing memory happened at Pizza Hut. Aside from having graduation ceremonies for itty bitty children, my school also gave out coupons for personal pan pizzas as a reward for reading. I think this was a national program and between my sister and I, we had a free dinner every Friday night. I don't know if your Pizza Hut was popping like ours was on a Friday evening, but those places were extremely crowded with patrons dining in, picking up orders, and waiting to be seated.

Upon finishing our dinner, my family was making our way through the jam-packed lobby when I suddenly felt sick. Without warning, I threw up EVERYWHERE. Sidenote, are you tired of my puking posts yet? I don't remember anything beyond that moment except feeling humiliated that it happened in front of everyone on a Friday night. Reflecting upon that moment as a mother myself, I bet my mom was the most embarrassed of us all.

Those stories aren't too bad, but clearly traumatized me as a munchkin. I'm sure I had plenty of times in college to take the gold in the humiliation category, but to this day I will say that my most embarrassing (but really awkward) moment happened a few hours after I delivered E.


If you've been a longtime reader (I know there are like four of you), then you may recall E's birth story a.k.a. My "Natural" Labor & Delivery. Go ahead and read it if you would like, just return for this story. I'll be waiting - I promise.

If you are someone who gets embarrassed easily then pregnancy and childbirth will clear that up for you. If you have never had children, just imagine your Gyno experience multiplied by 1,000 with ten other people in the room. However, in the heat of the moment you just don't care. At all.


A few hours after E arrived, my parents and J dipped out for a delicious dinner and left me alone with my baby. One of my best friends, DJ, stopped by the hospital to meet E and hang out. DJ and I ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, have weird things happen to us when we are together. We have a long standing joke that our powers combined get us into awkward and sometimes problematic situations. While I can't and haven't shared many stories about her on the blog, she did inspire this post and my advice for traveling with a crock pot.

During her visit a nurse stopped in to find out how my nursing was progressing. I told her that I didn't think anything was happening and admitted that I had no clue what I was doing. She proceeded to ask some questions and then decided (with my permission) to try and express milk manually using her hands. Yes, DJ was still in the room so the three of us sat there and chatted. I mean, what else would you do during this situation?! Keep in mind, I was high as a kite and doped up on pain medicine from post-delivery (thanks to that "natural" birth).

Don't do drugs, kids. 
During our discussion the nurse told DJ that she looked familiar. After a few more minutes of chatter, we realized that we all knew each other. In fact, we had gone out clubbing a few times together a couple of years ago. We drank and danced together, and now our clubbing partner was milking me like a cow. DJ and I still laugh about it to this day because all of that happening is flipping typical when we are together.

It may not be the most embarrassing moment partly due to the drugs, but it was certainly the most awkward.

Have a story to tell? Please share or link to it in the comment area below.


*Linking up with Lindsay's Sweet World and Momfessionals

Lindsay's Sweet World

7 comments:

  1. Ha! I have to admit I laughed a little along with you at the nursing story. What a weird coincidence! And I feel for you on Pizza Hut...I once threw up at my own birthday dinner, and my best friend was sitting there at the table. Oh, to be a kid again. I wrote about my embarrassing moments here: http://www.fantasticallyfour.com/2017/03/embarassing-moments.html. I have so many, my family voted on which ones to include. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that nursing story makes me laugh every single time. And ADRIENNE - WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT THROWING UP?! Haha. No wonder E pukes so much... she get it from her momma! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Oh gosh I totally laughed out loud at the nursing story! That was a good afternoon pick me up!

    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I totally laughed at the nursing story! It's amazing at how childbirth can pretty much get rid of all modesty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha oh my gosh I laughed out loud at that last story. That's hilarious. I don't have kids yet and whenever I tell my mom a story and say "I've never been more embarassed" she says -- just wait until you have a baby. All dignity goes out the window! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing at the we used to club and dance together and then she was milking me like a cow. Thank for for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I was laughing out loud at the nurse who you knew - milking you like a cow!!! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!