1.17.2017

Plan to Eat: Meal Planner & Grocery List Shopper

After traveling last week for work, I was so relieved to have Monday off. A catch-up day around the house was absolutely what I needed, but in typical Monday fashion, not what I got. Instead, I spent the better part of my morning at the mechanic waiting on my car to be diagnosed. Adulting is the worst.

One of the items I needed to cross off my to do list was to meal plan/grocery shop. Since today marks the first day of round four for Whole 30, this was definitely a priority. Thankfully, I was able to plan compliant meals for the week and finalize my grocery list – all while sitting in the waiting room sipping on my coffee. Get ready, folks. You're about to be introduced to something that helps me function on a weekly basis.

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat

One of my friends introduced me to Plan to Eat this past Black Friday when they were having a 50% off sale for yearly membership. After quickly scanning their site and gathering information from my friend, I decided to forgo the 30-day trial and sign up for the yearly plan. I am so glad I dove in headfirst!

Plan to Eat is an online meal planner app that works similar to Pinterest. You can manually import recipes into your account or take the Pinterest approach and scour the internet for delicious concoctions. When you find one you like, click the button on the browser (yes, you will need to download it to your computer, tablet, or phone) and it’s loaded to your recipes in Plan to Eat.


Once you have a solid base, you can begin to meal planning. It’s so easy – you literally drag recipes onto a calendar. As you can see, I primarily use mine for dinner or if I need to make any sauces, dressings, etc. for the week.


And, that’s not all….One of my favorite parts of this service is that the software automatically creates your shopping list based on the planned recipes.


Additionally, you can create a list of staples and add it to your shopping list as needed.


When ready, a quick export generates your shopping list to take with you on your phone. It’s simple to navigate the site and has helped me so much these last few months. Previously I was an eMeals user (I’m talking about for the first couple of YEARS after having E), but I truly love the flexibility of planning my own meals through Plan to Eat. It helps me stay organized which is part of my objectives for 2017.

If you are in need of a service such as this, I recommend trying Plan to Eat. They offer a trial and do not ask for credit card information before starting. The yearly fee is $39, which breaks down to $4.95 a month. Also, they will NOT automatically bill you once the subscription ends, which is almost unheard of based on many of my experiences. Click here to sign up: Plan to Eat 

Once an account has been created, it will automatically share my recipes with you. If you are already a Plan to Eat user, please send a friend request to AidibabyAU – I’m always in need of recipe ideas!

Plan to Eat has become such an important part of my weekly routine (no, I did not get paid to post this – I genuinely love it) and I hope that one of my five readers will enjoy it as much as I have!

Has anyone heard of this company before today? If you give it a try, please let me know what you think!




2 comments:

  1. If I ever decide to do Whole 30 I'm totally using this! The part that scares me the most is all of the meal planning! It seems like so much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever decide to take the plunge, I will be more than happy to help you out! I can't lie though, many non Whole 30 recipes made it into my meal planning during the holidays....

      Delete

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!