8.10.2015

Whole 30: Weeks 3 & 4


I kept weeks 3 and 4 quite simple by repeating a bunch of the recipes in the previous weeks. Therefore this post will not have a meal plan breakdown, but I will share any new recipes that I tried. Week 3 was a sad week as I found myself out of town for an unexpected funeral. Because I was traveling and staying overnight at a friend's home, I brought some food with me. It quickly became a joke that I bring my own food and can't have altoids, but I didn't cheat! Plus, it was good for some of us to chuckle through the tears.

A few compliant recipes to try:

Almost 5 Ingredients Pizza Spaghetti Pie - SO delicious! My husband loved it and we both had leftovers for breakfast. Yum! I had never cooked spaghetti squash before, but it turned out great.

Slow Cooker Roast Chicken & Gravy

Baked Chicken with Garlic Marinade - I came across this marinade recipe and decided to use it before the chicken breasts in my fridge went bad. It was light & tasty - a perfect summer marinade.

Salads, eggs, bacon, sausage, apples, avocado and roasted veggies continued to be in the rotation.

Have you never roasted veggies? I firmly believe it may be the only way to consume them. Cut up any veggies (I like to mix it up with okra, sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli, and carrots) and toss them in EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). Then season them with Chef Paul's Magic Vegetable Seasoning Blend (funny story - I was grocery shopping with my husband and he asked someone where the "Magic Mike's Seasoning" was. HAHA!). Once seasoned, throw the veggies on a foil lined baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes (turning halfway). You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!