1.25.2012

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake
  • 1 Angel Food Cake - Large

Custard:

  • 1 Cream cheese -softened, 8 oz.
  • 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz.
  • Cool Whip - 12 oz.

For the glaze:

  • 1C Sugar
  • 3T Cornstarch
  • 3T Strawberry Jello Mix
  • 1C Water
  • 2C Fresh Strawberries - cut in half
Slice the cake into 3 equal layers horizontally. Mix together the cream cheese, condensed milk, and whipped topping for the custard and set aside. In a medium saucepan, stir the sugar, cornstarch, Jello and add the water. Stir on medium heat until it thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Fold in the strawberries. Place the first layer of cake and top with a layer of glaze and then a layer of custard mixture. Repeat layering in this order for the remaining cake, glaze and custard. Garnish the top with strawberries and mint leaves.
Such a pretty dessert! If you have a tall glass dish I would suggest using it as the serving piece. Of course this comes from someone who lacks in presentation so take that advice carefully! I have really started to like fruity desserts and the Strawberry Shortcake started this trend. The texture is very light, but this sweet is surprisingly very rich in taste. I really thought only chocolate desserts could be so rich until I had this. Yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!