1.25.2012

Scalloped Crack Potatoes - Crock Pot Style

Scalloped Crack Potatoes
6 Baking Potatoes - Large
Bacon Pieces
1 Sweet Onion - chopped
Cheddar Cheese - Shredded
S & P
2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
Spicy Ranch Hidden Valley Seasoning
Pam Spray

Use Pam to spray and coat the crock pot. Pour one can of soup into the crock pot. Cut 3 of the potatoes into thin slices and season with S & P. Place on top of soup and pour half of the ranch packet on top. Pour onions on top. Cover with half of the cheese and half of the bacon pieces. Cut the remaining 3 potatoes into thin slices and season with S & P. Pour half of the ranch packet on top and cover with the second can of soup. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Top with remaining cheese and bacon 1 hour before serving.

I must admit I first attempted this recipe at HHBC and then altered a few things before serving it at the Christmas work party. However, once the changes were made the dish lived up to it's name. There is nothing I love more than a potato with tons of toppings. So delicious. So NOT healthy. I try to make a lot of my recipes in the crock pot for HHBC since we typically have the dinner on a work night. Thus, the scalloped crack potatoes were created. Obviously you can change out the toppings if they are not your favorite, but keep the ranch seasoning. It does not make the food spicy, but it gives it a nice flavor - especially after sitting in a crock pot all day. If you like a firmer texture than beware. The potatoes will be extremely delicate, but delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!