10.28.2011

Apple & Spice Pork Roast

Apple & Spice Pork Roast
1 Boneless Pork Roast - 3 lb
1 C Applesauce
1/3 C Brown Sugar
2t Vinegar
1t Yellow Mustard
1/8t Cloves - ground
1T Flour
1/2t Salt
1/4t Sugar
1/8t Garlic Powder
1/8t Pepper

Stir together the applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and cloves in a small bowl and set aside. Combine flour, salt, sugar, garlic powder and pepper in another bowl and rub this mixture over the entire pork. Be sure to season evenly. Place the seasoned pork in a crock pot and cover the meat with the applesauce mixture. Cook on low for roughly 8 hours. With a crock pot you will cook the meat about 3 hours per pound. The internal temperature should be about 140 degrees F. Once the temperature has been reached, transfer the roast to a serving platter and let the meat sit for 15 minutes before slicing. Spoon the sauce mixture over the pork slices and serve.

This recipe is so much fun for the fall weather! Instead of cooking it in the oven, I wanted to use my crock pot since I was at work all day. It was so easy to make and tasted heavenly. I seasoned the meat and made the sauce mixture the night before. I popped everything into the crockpot before I ran off to work. The meat was so tender when it was ready to serve that it literally was falling apart - hence, the not so pretty picture. I accidentally purchased a roast with a bone in, but it added flavor to the dish while cooking all day. I would definately make this again and I would use the sauce mixture for other dishes that use pork. It was sweet with a kick of spice, but the flavor was not overbearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!