8.04.2010

Chicken & Dumplings - Crock Pot Style

I supposed if I am going to randomly blog about food then I should have a picture to go with it.....


I have had chicken and dumplings once in my life (that I can remember). It took place at a Cracker Barrel a few years ago. It was good, but it is simply not one of those meals that I would crave. Regardless, I wanted to try and make it for Justin. I began to research some recipes because I was determined to make it in my crock pot. I was feeling lazy.


I mixed two recipes that I found from my Spark recipe app and went to town. It smelled amazing and the guys who were fed liked it, had seconds, and ate it for leftovers. Here you go:


1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (cubed)
1 can cream of chicken soup (or use 2 cans instead of cream of mushroom)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 teaspoon flour
half of an onion diced for taste (I hate onion, but it gave it flavor)
2.5 cups of water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 large potato (diced - random, I know)
S & P to taste (I heart pepper)

I mixed everything together and cooked on low for about 6 hours. At hour 4, I cut up 5 canned, refrigerated biscuits (Wal-Mart brand - keeping it classy) and placed them on top. I turned the heat to high and mixed in the biscuit pieces. I also added a bit more flour to make it less watery and more gravy like.


The meal was satisfying, made my house smell delicious and probably made about 8 servings. It was easy (I have no idea how else to make this) and received great feedback. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and promise that I read every comment. I will respond via email unless you are a no-reply. If that's the case, check back here for my response. Thanks for stopping by!